SSH TO ECHO'S CONFERENCES
There are far too many versions of ssh available for us to provide specific
instructions for every one of them. But here are instructions for the
program that comes with OS X for Apple users, and a shareware program called
Putty for PC users.
Mac users: OSX has a built in program to access ssh called terminal. It's in the Applications/Utilities folder.
1. Double click the terminal icon.
2. At the $ prompt type: ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
(ie: ssh email@example.com).
3. You will then be prompted for your password.
(You might want to drag the terminal icon to your dock.)
PC Users: Go to www.shareware.com or www.versiontracker.com and download a free or shareware ssh program. People on Echo prefer something called Putty.
1. Double click putty icon.
2. Type echonyc.com into the "Host Name" field.
3. Hit return and you will be prompted for your login and password.
NOTE: The first time you use SSH it's going to ask you a question about the DSA key. Answer yes.
If you have any further questions, send mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|| Home | Join! | About | Services | Events | Conferences | Links ||