Recent fixes and notes Feb 20 1995
I haven't been too good at providing a log of fixes and features
as I work: Maybe this will help.
· Shift-/ now zaps the current time into the Animation Endtime.
· Workspace render used to give first radius and mass size as if
they were zero. Now actually fixed!
. Numeric support is partially done for pum numericals. I.E.
you can TAB to a numerical and key in a new number directly.
Backspace acts as a clear key. - sign negates . SMPTE times
are currently given directly in frames (will improve).
· Actual work frame starts in 1st column, not 2nd (oooold bug)
· New Frame now ends up with the New frame as current frame.
· Vapor itself is rebuilt into linked object files - making fixes
faster and easier.Before this (Feb 7 1991 or so) Vapor was compiled
as one huge file with more than 60 include files directly to
an executable module.
Latest News Page|
· Pums now save the workspace screen if there's room and restore it
when the pum is finished to avoid unnecessary re-rendering. If there's
no room (96000 bytes in 3 chunks) then the old method of re-rendering
is used. Changes to VW's will not be reflected until the next re-render.
· DBW render is out, IFF24 is in. It's pseudo compressed now, both to
fool the HAM-E renderer and save time. Eats disk space tho. Pseudo
compressed means I put in all the compression codes but actually
do no compression, just say "a run of x bytes..".
· Render option 34 puts up a simple screen instead of an unused 5 plane
· Color renderer does option 512 in 10 and 11 render pens. I.e. Areas
can now blur in color.
· New Pen 15 draws Pen 6's shape but uses area fill.
· Magic sprite now moves to the upper right where it doesn't hurt HAME
· Various Pums cleaned up - Top pum especially.
· Work screen's title bar is now revealed during renders.
· Render options 41-44 do direct Ham-E B&W render
· Del key , directed to rendering frame, reveals/hide title bar -
needed for HAME, which must have HAME "cookie" at top of screen.
· Nasty bug involving VM/VX AREXX commands with bad data fixed: it ignores
the command now instead of filling memory in an infinite loop
· New conversion Pen: GrpWarp warps a selected group of vectors based
on the current vector's begin and end points as a "Spine" to be
warped along the lines of the RawMouse moves.
· Reading a .vee file with a funny view aspect or size is now
correctly set after the read is done.
· Occasional "non-action" from Rawmouse conversion action after
Right-button selection bug fixed.
· Helpful tip made more helpful: During a long transformation of
zillions of vertices, (e.g. Vector Move, rotate,or warp) bang the space
bar to suppress drawing (and registering the endpoints etc.) Much,
· Motion Blur Bias option 1 fixed: now properly skews the time-factor in a
render to bunch the "time" near the current frame in an interpolation.
· New Pen10 feature: bit #3 (+8) turns on discontinous border fills. This
means an area can be defined by a series of vectors instead of just one.
Adding bit #0 (+1) will draw a 1-pixel outline of the shape where the
vectors are, but they will be covered by the fill later.
· AREXX macros (Amiga+char) can now invoke one line of Vapor command
directly - although you still need Rexx to do some of the parsing.
The idea is to cut down on dumb little Rexx routines to set your favorite
pens and colors.
· The AREXX macro request message now gives the key number in decimal,
as it is expected in the SMAC command.
· New option +1024 in fill commands (like pens 10,11,15): does left-right
edge interpolation fill for 8 pixels left and right on each fill scanline.
· Sequence now has 2 options to control KF/VW activity underneath. 1st bit
(+1) of option 1 = looping. It waits for "beginning time" before
looping FOREVER. NOTE: old .vee files may have garbage in these fields!
(clean 'em up if so - curently harmless)
· Color bar added below color gadgets sort of useful way to see what
the RGB color is (for 24-bit coloring) using 4096 colors.
· SeeVBV feature put in: Shift-N5 toggles a flag which sets the
workspace view to the "actual" view during workspace animation.
This can give a very good sense of the future animation in a short time.
Render option 3, BTW, saves workspace views to disk!
· New renderer series, 5x, is HAM-E 252 colors. (6 red * 7 green * 6 blue)
and.. several old bugs in the 24bit renderer were fixed.
· Since mouse quantization leaves vectors bumpy if you draw too slowly,
a new group function "Smoothe" is here- on Shift Tab which smoothes the
5 spatial dimensions. (warp now smoothes RM line once before warping)
· CTRL in Pums acts like a backward TAB!
· Clip'n'Paste! 'x' = Copy current subtree to a descendent of a 'CLIP'
icon (up next to the 'An' Icon. now 'V' will paste it at the Eye, but
more interesting, pen F3F9, ClipWarp will search for the last Nv in the
clip and warp it along the RM line . Way Cool!
· HAM-E color (5x series) changed to make color #1 validly genlockable.
· On a fast machine, the mouse was sampled many times per VB, resulting in
identical timestamps for different points. This made redraw and other
functions spazz out. Now, if multiple identical times are found, they
are suitably interpolated. All fix!
· Pen 17: interpolates lines between vectors. parm is number of repetitions.
note: sparse numbers of vertices won't look too good.
· Timebase is now alterable. (i.e. Frames per second display) look in
· Convert to ieeesing math. Pfui baloney. Also makes filetype #3.
· Bug in areafill renderer (area blend) fixed.
· Alt-/ == stick loop-compatible amount in end-time for AN.
· Bug fixed :If rexxmast wasn't running, various bad things would happen,
· Bug fixed: if help file were sick, message wasn't too good.
· J-key = copy this color/pen to all other selected colors/pens.
· Converted back to FFP math to keep compatibility with 68000 machines.
· Duplicate points now filtered out (and bug in internal M_del fixed)
· View "time based hiding" now works (was a typo!) (shift-3)
· Notice windows re-activate the work screen when they are dismissed.
· new ARexx routine is executed with each "clear workspace" (EATV)
command: VClear.vapr note that ARexx profiles are not executable from
ARexx itself, thus an EATV from inside a rexx routine won't call VCLear.
· Fixes involving interlaced Ham-E pictures , time and aspect after a load.
· Fix involving Group warp in Z dimension etc.
· Fix allows alt-F on NV's.
· Fix to bug in NewSq (Shft-F) and ordered tree traversal fetch.
· Fix to low mem reading and Hame-e seed fill (B/W) color seed fill to come!
· Obnoxious view corner change in overscan removed (use arrows to taste)
· Work animations now are done under all renderers: use #0 to save as ILBMs.
· SQ now can have a repetition factor as the second Option. Thus, if looping
is turned on, the sequence can be stopped.
· New render option bit # +64 --> overexpose by 2. When you move quickly,
with lots of blur, this will pull up very dim images.
· Some fixes involving NV's when interpolated: they now come up blue, and
suppress the r/m info when interpolated.
· Help files now can have 24 lines in the text areas:rewrites are probable.
· Pushing-and popping of pen and color now works when interpreting the
tree: new feature "N" will collect icons into a subtree.
· "little arrows" in the icon bar can be used a bit now: to add a
Pen or Color before (left of) the "eye", click left of the eye.
-> Useful in Clip and Nether sections
· Workspace colors can be set via Arexx or the Right edge Pum. ARexx name
· New renderer #35: calls Black Belt Public interfaces to render frames.
(Default is for JPEG). You will be prompted for a "string" to pass to
CLI: $ is where the filename/number will go, and # is where the
"Jackin address" will go.
· Macros can now be "replaced" if already set! just hit the Ctrl key first,
then Amiga+macro key.
· F2/SF8= text box raw mouse conversion pen. Now you can do some text
without using AREXX!
· Vapor now can read AREXX numbers like 1.23E+33, -8.99e-3 .
· Icon tree mooshed over to make room for 6 MACRO icons, which calls
VMAC1.vapr to VMAC6.vapr. Key equivalents: AMIGA+Keypad 1-6.
· REXXFEED revamped to allow user interaction from REXX commands.
· Refinements to the 10/11 fill process. Also Kpad Plus fixes.
· Kpad plus removed. sorry.
· New Feature! Macro buttons in Pums call Pum specific macros! e.g.
in Color Pum, VCLMac1.vapr - VCLMac6.vapr is called. See ARexx.
· Rexx handling internals changed. No more VaporR. Also: enforcer
hit from RadEditor fixed.
· new render option bit: +128 = call rexx program VFrame after frame is
· Silly bug in rmFixit used to eat vertices that matched the first one,
but not consecutive ones!
· Really bad bug in "MMM" - may not read the last instances!
· Multiple Vws allowed (not very useful after all.)
· VBRend and VERend called with render option +128 now to allow for
frame controller from Arexx.
· Ask for them and get values in your Rexx macro from Vee!(see REXX)
GetRMnum GetRmVal GetVTNum, GetVTVal and String returns in VReturn.wow.
· new MCPens -> SHD F1+f6 = rexx trace line, f7=rexx straight line
(Fills RM and then calls VRMPen
· Notifies lack of Arp,does not render Clips in work screen.Rel 2 level.
· I now call rev 7.+ versions of IM/PIs. very nice (fast too!)
· FIX to String function bug.
· Fix to bbx during Pum Macro bug.
· Also, Alt-x makes a clip list of selected nodes for selection purposes.
· More info available via the GETDFLT command.
· Variant on pen 6/32: now interpolates between edge color and real color.
· YORN returns YES or NO in VRETURN now (not an error level..)
· 80 macros available from Left Pum!! each button can call a rexx exec!
Also new rexx words: LeftPum, SetMenu,SetMenux,ClearMenu!
· Names of the Mouse conv pens are now used in Rexx (as well as Mam/Mim)
· +128 added to Quad function (6,8,11 pens..) Adds tinted color to
· fix: pum macros can be used even if in "grown workspace mode"
· Workscreen render time optimization (approx 20% if no rotations)
· Mystery Screen Flags made less mysterious
· Status during '34' render is more informative, fixes bug.
· WrTiff PI exit written!
· Bad pen is handled better.
· String rexx command takes default with '\'. (better 34 status too)
· Eyeview (shift-Kper) now extended to Views! and other vw enhancements!
· You can toggle choice on line of icons (e.g. V,Nv) with " key (ChoosePals)
· Rexx commands can now be indented, and New command "EyePos <ty> <#>"
· fixes to renderers in area and line drawing (clipping improved)
· You can mark 1 node and move it via Mark (") and MoveMark (shf-")
GOMARK (alt-") goes to it. ChoosePals and HidePals now on (:) and (sft-:)
· New mouse tool: Move Radius edge (MovRadEd)
· Label support for labelling nodes! The label is shown where the time
used to be in the title bar. Side effect: title bar in Pums also shows
the label! "Getinfo" sets up LK_LABEL. Keys? Shift-Help sets label for
icon, Alt-Help finds a certain label, ignoring case and allowing
· Now F-keys call the macros in Pums (very convenient!) not Keypad
cuz of AN-pum's default conventions.
· New WrHame writes a HAME frame via PI!
· No more stupid '_' in the name under anim mode 35!!
· New Rexx words GETVSTRS and PUTVSTRS get and set some default strings
· Option +16 in Quad pens changed to do edge on both sides.
· Magnet tool drags some selected points. (F5/F8)
· Just plain return goes to Pum now.(as does alt-ret)
· New Tool "Grip cut" F5F9 cuts vector at starting point in two!
· New Zooming trick: Mouse tool BasLine is toggled in and out by 'Z' key.
· NewR <t> and NewC <t> ARexx commands create links without side effects.
· ReadSome (alt-L) appends a .vee file to existing one at the top.
· Bug involving work render of clips by mistake fixed.
· New Pen 21 sets and recalls colors, also alters existing ones!
· Shft-6 enables drawing of RM from default Mousetool.
· PX supported - currently clears screen,sets paint pots..
· Automatically created Labels on unlabeled icons.
· Fixes to renderer(bl2 phasing) and clip-warp (to allow KF clip-warping)
· Fixes to allow A4000 and mark-icon display bug fix
· New FindLabel command for Rexx support.
· Rebase S every time so GetRMvar's time coord doesn't overflow.
This may add efficiency somewhere as well, since all _S is now 0-based.
· All flag toggle Rexx commands now can say on/off explicitly to set them.
e.g. "TrkSprt ON"
· Old bug (wrong icon in Clip pum) fixed!
· Display Bug with shift-6 and Notevectors fixed!
· Added Pum macro support to SQ, VW and KF
· Fixed an Enforcer bug, and new ChooseSewn and HideSewn shift-[ and ].
· Experimental 4+5 B&W Quad mode:Dodge and burn. interesting, but hmmm!
· Bugs fixed:finding labels and changing Clip id numbers.
· Added Pum macro support for PX
· New GrpDouble command thickens pointage in selected vectors.
· (BUG/Feature)KF and SQ advance keys (<>) now work at ends of their lines.
· TEXT mouse tool supported from AREXX
· KF,SQ and VW now can have their frame deltas precisely set in their PUMS.
· Mouse Tools which draw now normalize S instead of using RM time.
· Debugging stuff from ARexx put in: SetValid,CkValid,SeeBlock.
· P17 fixed up. Px04 saves the current PN for P17's use, if = 6,2 or 15.
· New Feature: Shf-J Propog propogare selected nodes to others in KF
· A few little bugs fixed:work renderer,suppress scrtofront in 35 render.
· Burnin feature turned into a Blur feature instead in color and B&W
· fixed annoying side effect of Propog.
· New Rexx Feature:TRAV, traverses hierarchy from EYE, result in VRETURN
This is the last|
[Back to the main page|
Back to the main Vapor Paint page ]
jhhl-at-panix.com / 324 Wall St. Apt 5 / Kingston NY 12401
© 1998-2018 Henry Lowengard