/////// \\ // \\ Bitmap conversions // j H
~~~\\~ // h e l l o \\ // --- both --- \\ h e
// \\ WEB WALKERS // \\ positive| negative // h n h
\\ // ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \\ //"!,_''```|8AH88A8HDZ\\ l r t
// \\ // \\L!__.````|RRH88$$D$Z// @ y t
\\ // vvvvvvvvvvvv \\ //!_'''````|HRR88DDDZZ\\ p p
\\ // \\ Don't forget // \\;__..````|RHRRRRRAAO// a L :
\\// // ^^^^^^^^^^^^ \\ //QQgw;_.``|ZZPPP@ZGPP\\ n o /
~~ \\ // \\NQBMN#bc.|F"!` `// i w /
\\ \\ // ASCII-ART \\ //4MR""LPb_|F;gFjg' _\\ x e w
// // \\ can be just as // \\gw!j!",dL|\X$KLT9_,9// . n w
\\ \\ // illegible as \\ //""""!!qEL|j%5bwwwLc:\\ c g w
/////// \\ // \\"",,!/2F,|mgd$$@$bgg// o a .
\\~~~\\ // P o o h p e \\ //__!,:22F'|Thd@$ddD$@\\ m r e
// // \\ h t c o p d // \\''_,]gPF.|!qdOD$$$ZZ// d c
\\ \\ // \\ //'.''qZF,'|:ig$8A$$$b\\ h
~ ~ \\ -----A R T----- // \\.'`-qEL,`|!j$$DOZbEd// j o
\\ \\ // \\ //_.._/@Dw:|wgZDUZ@EEK\\ h n
// // \\ .---------. // \\!,!!a"qTP|94%KSPPK%F// h y
\\ \\ // /| It's | \\ //:;/w"7F!"|mF992F94Ce\\ l c
/////// \\ .-.quick and| // \\4gggwwgL_|`''"qwgFF"// @ .
\\~~~\\ // | cheap to | \\ //!w%5$ZPUA|:qgPSPF":!\\ w c
// // \\ | print out,| // \\qF!]9PCww|XPPm9=!/"'// f o
\\ \\ // | | \\ //!!"^"ewgV|ggKF"_;,``\\ m m
~ ~ \\ | and has | // \\L!,,__""\|PPF"'!'``.// u /
\\ // | | \\ //gmL!,,.-.|F"!````,!!\\ . ~
// \\ |a timeless,| // \\QDg;:!,__|'```_jwCF'// o j
\\ // | | \\ //T0#Rg$gwg|``_jgKPF'_\\ r h
// \\ | Lowest | // \\,,9H0M00R|qmSgSPF',!// g h
\\ // | Common | \\ //_,,!!"""T|gdbPP"_q``\\ l
// \\ |Denominator| // \\'''_,___,|SSP",_!9-a// /
\\\\\\\ // | | \\ // MAC | IBM \\
~~~~~~ \\ | appeal. | // \\ //
// .-----------. \\ // and animated art \\
\\ // \\with a lot of custom//
// \\ // conversion tools \\
F e a t u r e s
- Web Sites and Blogs:
www.jhhl.net is a web site where I hope to display and sell beauteous works of art.
Right now, it's a kind of a shell, though. Not a substitute for this "fun" web site!
www.studiorayada.com is a web site where Nancy and I show off
our collaborative work and hope to get some paying collaborative work! It's a sub-site of www.jhhl.net.
- Delicious Evening http://www.jhhl.net/DelEve2004/
Documentation and lots of media about Delicious Evening, the somniloquy multimedia collaboration between me and Nancy Graham.
- Love Is So Sweet http://www.jhhl.net/LoveIsSoSweet/
All about Love Is So Sweet, The 2 minute fun-filled Valentine video by me, Nancy and Ada.
- Ada's Dream Art
Ada (age 6-7) is starting a Dream Journal, and learning how to read and spell as well as to draw! Amazing!
- Falling Broken Wings
Ada is also getting into the film production biz with her new film company!
- Blogs Aplenty!
Oh, the blogs keep a-comin':
But the rest of my family also have blogs!
- Children's pictures and ephemera: updated April 14, 2004
- Nancy Graham & Henry Lowengard present:
Raymond Isaac Graham Lowengard,
born April 25,1997 9:30 PM at St. Vincent's Hospital, NYC.
Ada Justine Graham Lowengard born July 8 1999, 5:19 AM at home,
in a birth tub!
7 lbs, 20.5 inches.
Michele/Salmieri Photo Shoot of July 2000. These pictures have been refreshed!
Hey! Those great photographers came up here! take a look at the Michele/Salmieri Photo Shoot of 2004
Featuring many pictures and a little multimedia.
T h e L i t t l e C y b e r C e m e t a r y
Online tributes to people and animals we love who live on only in memory.
- Jerome Harry Claster Lowengard, June 6, 1925 - Oct 17, 2002
Hear old Jer being his goofy self on my answering machine!
Tarzan and Jane at the Wethersfield Shopping Center Yellow Elephant Sale!
My dream about Jerry, Dec 14, 2003
- The Late Nik Williams
- Help me memorialize my late cyber-art partner-in-crime
Nik Williams. Now residing on jhhl.net!
- The Bun
- Barney The Cat's memorial page
- Dexter The Cat's memorial page
M i n i w e b s i t e s
What is a web site, anyway? here are some fairly distinguished sections of pages served here
and elsewhere which I have created and occasionally even maintain.
- W.M. Thing and Artificial Black
- Ray has two film companies to produce his ever growing list of film/video projects.
W. M. Thing is Ray's film production company for "scary stuff", generally rated PGM:
so scary your parents have to bring their parents!
Artificial Black is Ray's film production company for "funny adventure stuff".
The Drought is Ray and Omri's African Band.
COKY THE BUG
Drawings of the old Information Builders,Inc. unofficial mascot, COKY THE BUG! I worked at IBI for 13 years, and programmed a lot of things that probably don't exist today! Danger: lots of images.
- Vaudeville-era Song Sheet
- Popular entertainment sing-along lyrics from about 1904 I think. I have four or five more of these. I suspect that "William W. Delaney" and "Willy Wildwave" are the same person. UPDATE: In fact, these suspicions are correct, according to Delaney's sister's great-grandson,
relayed to me via e-mail.
- I'm the webmaster at www.WFMU.org, the site corresponding to the
infamous freeform radio station. I wrote the automated features on
this site, including the original "Who's playing now" thing and "Crackpots and Visionaries Card Of The Day", the "Worst Song Contest", the WFMU Catalog of Curiosities, .. you get the picture? Many of these features were later expanded, recoded into PHP , and improved upon by Ken Garson. Thanks, Ken!
- The Internet Museum of Flexi-Cardboard-Oddity Recordings
- I web-ified this information for WFMU DJ MAC who obsessively
collects many things - but among them are lots and lots of paper, plastic,
aluminum, steel and who-knows-what sound recordings - mostly promotional
or novelty items - from the beginning of the 20th century to just before today.
Flexi/Cardboard/Oddity Recordings is the name of the sitelet, which has lots of Pictures and RealAudio samples and
info on almost every recording! Last updated in 2007 - now with a few Mp3s.
- The Golden Moose Roundtable on Alan Smithee
- Examining the work of Alan Smithee,
"famous" film "director."
- The Naked Carmen
- This is where to find information on the bizarre recording
The Naked Carmen by now-esteemed composer John Corigliano and David Hess.
- The New York That Really Never Was
- Tales of a New York City that you might not
My colleague in ahistorical research, Paul Wallich, has posted his own
tales of a New York You May Not Remember.
Peace Rally Jan 2003!
- NO TO WAR!
Photos by Ray of the huge, but somewhat ineffective Peace Rally and March in Washington, D.C.
h i s t o r i c a l s t u m p s o f o l d w e b s i t e s
Many of these started out in the Internet's foetal life as gopher sites, which I turned into web sites. After maintaining a lot of them over the years, many of these organizations have their own web pages which are now actively maintained. I retain these links for historical reasons.
- "He has captured my heart <pat,pat,pat,pat> ..."
- b/art platenga's home page.
not actively maintained, although someday I hope to post hypertextualized versions of all Bart's playlists.
- Microtonal Music
- The American Festival Of Microtonal Music home pages.
Now superseded by www.afmm.org! Go there instead!
- Elodie Lauten
- Composer and Keyboardist Elodie Lauten has
info regarding her work and life (and recordings and concerts) here!
She now has her own website, www.elodielauten.net,which should duplicate all the important stuff on this sitelet.
- Downtown Music - Multimedia - Performance
- Experimental Intermedia Foundation presents a number
of festivals and other doings in NYC and abroad. Also home of the XI CD label. EIF has their own site too now, experimentalintermedia.org,
which is now actively maintained... go there!
- Marais and Miranda
Budding website about the nearly forgotten balladeers
Josef Marais and his wife Miranda. See also the official site,
Go there for more and better information and music samples!.
- ECHO COMIX PAGES
- The nascent ECHO Comix Conference pages.
Featuring a few comics. Wish there were more, sigh.
S t ü p i d Wé b T r ! c k s
It's the Internet Autoharp!
No Graphic Browser required!
The Internet Autoharp! is an ASCII-ART autoharp,
with 21 sampled chords from one of my own a'harps available as buttons.
Another relic of the early Internet days! Also: Notes on experimental autoharp tunings.
The HTML Internet Audio Synthesizer
The HTML Internet Audio Synthesizer
makes bleeps and blorps ... it's educational!
Note: limited only by your imagination. Note again: freshly re-invigorated! That means it might work on Windoze platforms for a change!
Search Engine Shout Out!
Nothing really going on here - it's
just bait for Internet Search Engines to find so people looking for
themselves can find me too.
A r t s + L e t t e r s
a r t s
- Sound files of moderate length featuring Henry and Nancy and a little autoharp.
Also a few items from my personal collection of obsurities. Freshened as of Mar 2006.
- The Jazz Kissingers
- The Jazz Kissingers is the name I'm thinking of recording under.
- Outgoing Phone Messages
- Some of my outgoing phone messages from the days when I used to overproduce them. Greatly expanded in Apr 2006!
- MPEG video!
- some MPEGulated Vapor Paint Anims! Look also on the Vapor Paint page.
- Glum Homebody, the E-Zine that barely is.
An OLD project of mine. Features mini comic-like pictures and puzzles of a brain teasing variety.
- An ascii animation
flat file version Requires
ANSI/VT100 "home" feature, and a pretty slow computer console!
Created with Vapor Paint and my ascii art converter.
- My Ascii-Art converter
- Which has a lot of wierd
options! This one merges the original, requantized picture with the
ASCII version and outputs it as a grayscale bitmap...
- Acit Cràt Na
- - Read my notes on my long-planned series of animated shorts about Antarctica.
- The updated article from Experimental Musical Instruments
newsletter, Volume 9 #4, June 1994. With audio examples!
l e t t e r s
- WHAT I DID WHEN I WAS ON JURY DUTY
- The long version of WHAT I DID WHEN I WAS ON JURY DUTY Eight or so weeks from Dec. 94 - Jan. 95. I was back on Jury duty, this time Grand Jury in Brooklyn, from August 17, 2001 - some time in October - slightly extended due to chaotic events in Manhattan.
- Cringe-o-licious Tales from Beyond the Cringe!
- Disgusting things in the lives and kitchens of ECHO denizens.
- That's Life in the Inferno of Post-Modernity!
- Remember this football player guy named DJ Simpson? Wasn't he in a
surreal parade or something? What? You Are There, with live commentary
F i n e S o f t w a r e
written by me.
- Binaries from my lab
- Software for NeXT, and for Amiga.
Including RGS, Sound Bite, Harm, Buzz and LPCView 3.02.
- VAPOR PAINT
- Vapor Paint is my extensive
animation program for Amiga. These pages include some art-like stuff
(stills, gif anims, mpegs) done with Vapor Paint. Dec 2003: new imaged based examples!
jhhl-at-panix.com / 324 Wall St. Apt 5 / Kingston NY 12401
© 2016 Henry Lowengard